At The Market, we’re all about doing things with a twist–and the way we utilize fresh summer produce for healthy salads is no different!
Rather than opt for the typical lettuce-based salad with veggies and savory dressing, take a walk on the sweet side with a tasty fruit salad! With high quality berries, stone fruits and a pinch of mint for your greens, we think you’ll have everyone at the first backyard get together of the year saying “HOW did you make this?!”
Here’s the recipe–follow it exactly or mix it up as you see fit! After all, if we like to walk on the wild side we think you have every right to, too.
- 1 Cup Blackberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Mint Leaves
- 3 Peaches
- 3 Plums
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- Honey to taste
- Slice peaches, plums and strawberries, cut lemon in quarters for squeezing, and roughly chop mint leaves.
- In a medium-to-large serving bowl, gently mix together the peach slices, plum slices, strawberries slices and whole blackberries and raspberries.
- Combine juice from lemon and honey to taste until the honey is dissolved (microwave slightly if honey is congealing).
- Add mint leaves to lemon/honey mixture and gently mix.
- Pour the mint/lemon/honey dressing over the fruit salad and gently mix until all fruit is lightly covered in the dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!